Thursday 12 March 2009

Chat Log #1

Jhustin: im trying to give up rice for lent
me: oh man
how's that going

Jhustin: im finding it more difficult that cigarettes
i ate rice twice, without even realizing it til after the meal...
and then last night, i simply gave in...
and what sucks about it, is that i thought about it... contemplated... and still gave into the temptation

me: that most definitely sucks
Jhustin: yeah man. i definitely took a moment to pray and ask for strength. the guilt still lies though
me: well just keep truckin
honestly
the past failures are only a telltale sign that this is something you cling very closely to

so all the more reason to give it up for lent, which is supposed to be sacrificing for the Lord
what could be more of a sacrifice than an addiction?
Jhustin: mos def
me: God designed this guilt y'know
this feeling of shame and helplessness
not to hurt us
but to sober us
to who we really are without God
He designed it so our response after realizing it would be to turn to Him
so keep praying

Jhustin: thank you
me: and know that in Him is your refuge from even your worst addictions
Jhustin: real talk... i woke up this morning hoping to chop it up w/ u


Psalm 27:7-8

"7The Lord is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.

8 The Lord is the strength of his people;
he is the saving refuge of his anointed."


No comments: