Thursday 5 March 2009

Look left...cool. Look right....cool.

Okay, we’re good to--…great.

I was being cautious. I was. I was careful to look on my sides. I knew, it’s raining so I have to be careful. Yes, the radio was playing but it was on when I started the car and it was at a very reasonable level. And I was looking. I was going very slowly, and I was looking. Just not in the middle, straight behind me. Maybe if it wasn’t raining, maybe if that darn headrest wasn’t in the middle, maybe if I didn’t press on the gas that quickly. I was trying to be cautious, I was focused; and yet one simply miscalculation is gonna likely come out to…$400….$500?! It’s just a dent. How can just a dent cost that much money?! Can’t they just pop it back out?! Nobody was hurt, there is no damage to the systems, it did no damage to the inside or to the passengers.

I’m not freaking out. I’m not getting angry with anyone or even frustrated with myself…well the last is the biggest struggle…but I won’t succumb. All the things I wrote on my post no 1 Cor 10:13, as well as responses like Jen Chung’s “thanks I needed this” responses resonate in my head. God ordained this to test my faith, and I know I’m gonna pass. But as I sit in the car, I can only think about what she must be thinking. I tell her I’m sorry, and I want to show her I am without looking like I’m begging for sympathy. Where’s the line I draw? How apologetic do I have to be without crossing the line into pathetic? These are the test questions I just don’t know how to answer. If it were just me, and my car, and I hit someone, and I had to take care of it on my own I wouldn’t panic. I’d be fine. But it’s just so much harder when you’ve affected someone else, when someone else is paying for your mistakes. I didn’t study hard enough for this test. I don’t know the answer to this one and so I just sit in silence.

4 comments:

helen said...

wow, my friend.

God is good. update us on this tonight.

Unknown said...

yikes, when did this happen??

lody_dody said...

thank God for this baby trial for us to grow in. and yes, it could have been much worse. AND thank God He changed my heart because you wouldn't want to deal with the old me in this particular sitch. trust. COUNT IT ALL JOY. :)

SuJ said...

really is something to think about. maybe it's a reminder that even with everything going on, the simplest form thanks is to count your blessings and be happy you have them.