Wednesday 31 December 2008

Lasts of 2008.

Last Thoughts of 2008.

Where did you begin 2008?
"Sigh....graduation year is here."

Stayed single the whole year?
That would be no.

What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Still praying.

Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Finished in July. In Italy.

Did you have to go to the hospital?
Yes; brother broke his leg. haha.

Did you have any encounters with the police?
Yeah, so funny story. I was driving Melody's car to my house one night after a day of fun with some friends, talking about our life stories and childhood insecurities and whatnot, when we decided to park in the parking lot of the park near my house (that sentence had more parks than a Korean wedding). As I continued talking, I noticed three things: a. the car next to us, with the windows fogged up, started to leave b. red and blue lights started flashing in the side and rear mirrors, c. I didn't have my license on me. All these funny little realizations snowballed into one big serious reason to panic.

This followed with an incredibly sincere attempt to convince the officer that: a. this was not what it looked like b. I did actually have a license and my house was right across the creek c. the situation is pretty funny, and no reason to ticket or arrest me.

That then followed with: a. sitting in the back of the police car, giving him my thankGodIremember license number as he put it in his thankGodhehasone electronic database. b. watching Melody put her hands on the front hood as we both laughed at each other c. lighthearted attempts from the both of us to charm the police officer into being nice....successful ones, mind you. :)

Where did you go on vacation?
Arrezzo, Italy. But that's my home now. So really, I'm on vacation in Walnut, California.

What did you purchase that was over $500?
Top 3 cutesy answers in place of a simple "nothing:"
3. Food.
2. Memories with friends.
1. A companion <- less cute more borderline sounding like prostitution.

Did you know anybody who got married?
Nope, missing it by a month!

Did you know anybody who passed away?
Nope.

Did you move anywhere?
Back to the 'nut.

What sporting events did you attend?
Vibe, Maxt Out, Prelude. Dance counts, right?

What concerts/shows did you go to?
I went to watch Wicked.

Describe your birthday.
Golden birthday. Obliviously hung out with Tiffy into the night. Obliviously walked up the stairs to my apartment. Obliviously opened the door to odd noises in the dark. Suprised by friends and a room with fun (embarrassing) facts about me all over the walls, courtesy of Mer and Tiffy.

What's the one thing you thought you would never do (or have to do) but did in 2008?
Stop a pickpocketer. Stop a pickpocketer twice. Stop a pickpocketer three times.

What has/have been your favorite moment(s)?
4. Getting to sit in the auditioner's seat for a change. [MCIA Auditions '08].
3. Walking through New York with my brother. [NY08].
2. Sitting on top of Roman aqueducts on a Sunday morning, in total solace, talking to God aloud. [Arezzo, Italy].
1. The day it became official, and the drawn-out, twist-filled, should've-been-expected, full-of-surprises journey that day to get there. [Aug 14, San Diego].

What's something you learned about yourself?
My overcommitment to many things actually roots itself in - and perpetuates - a newly discovered fear of commitment to one thing.

New additions to your family?
Palbin.

What was your best month?
June, July, August.

What music will you remember 2008 by?
"I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz

Who has been your best drinking buddy?
RJuice. She loves juice even more than me, and she makes excellent smoothies.

Made new friends?
I sure hope so. Make new friends, keep the old; one is silver and the other gold.

Favorite Night(s) out?
World concert in Rondine, Italy. Met a b-boy crew and ended up performing with them that same night.

Any regrets?
Count it all loss for the sake of knowing Christ. Phil 3:8.

Overall, how would you rate this year?
With star stickers, on a chart that starts at 1986.

What would you change about 2008?
Commit more. Commit waaay more.

Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
On the road. Alseep.

Have any life changes in 2008?
Graduated college, moved back home, left a dance team, joined a dance team, lived abroad, snagged the g-friend. All very life-changing.

Changed your hairstyle?
Trying to equalize. I have the occasional fauxhawk relapse but I'm learning.

Got a new job?
Workin' with the pops.

Did anything embarrassing?
YES. But I say, a funny story is a worthwhile experience.

Bought anything new from eBay?
I thought the point of eBay was to buy something old.

Got married or divorced?
One thing at a time, Mer.

Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
Why wouldn't I be honest?! Loyal since season 4.

Did you get sick this year?
It comes and goes. And I picked up nasal allergies this year.

Started a new hobby?
the blogspot.

Been snowboarding?
3-4 seasons.

Are you happy to see 2008 go?
I'm happy to have had it at all.

Drank Starbucks in 2008?
I don't enjoy coffee, and my sleepiness is extremely powerful. I do like their apple cider and toffee almond cookies though.

Visited a different country?
I'm an Italian in America.

Cooked a gross meal?
Never got complaints.

Tripped over a coffee table?
Scarlet takes a tumble haha.

Dyed your hair?
Gotta hide the blonde...

Went to a party?
I would hope nobody said no to this. If so, let me know and we can work something out for 2009.

Read a great book?
Not intently enough.

Did you drive?
You gotta drive to crash, right?

Did you own a car?
You gotta own one to crash one, right? No, you don't. No, I don't own one.

Been naughty or nice?
Romans 3:23.

What do you want to change in 2009?
I want to lose bad habits.
I want to gain good ones.
I want to read a book a month.
I want to get in shape.
I want to be changed by the Spirit.
I want to get my foot in the door as an actor.
I want to finally access my potential as a dancer.
I want to have a piece in a Mavyn set.
I want to win a freestyle battle.
I want to be more consistent.
I want to be more family oriented.
I want to being late on posting.
I want to grow with her.
I want to have a peace that surpasses all understanding.
I want to be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord.

What are you wishing for in 2009?
Increase.

Do you think 2009 will top 2008?
Oh yeah. Definitely.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Are you fluent in Italian?

Also, Happy New Year--refined in 2009 ::)

krissamartinez said...

you are hilarious. "snagged the g-friend." haha.